Knee Pain Can Be Separated By Diagnosis Into Three Categories:
- Acute injury – a fracture, torn ligament or cartilage
- Medical – rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, infections
- Chronic/Overuse conditions – chondromalacia, IT band syndrome, bursitis, patellar syndromes, and tendinitis
Knee pain facts
- 100 million Americans suffer from chronic knee pain.
- Knee pain is the second most common cause of chronic joint pain.
- One-third of all Americans report experiencing knee pain at some time or another.
- Knee pain accounts for an estimated 4 million primary care visits annually.
- There has been a 65% increase of knee pain reports over the last 20 years.
- More women than men report knee pain, with the overall prevalence in women at roughly 23%, compared to 18% of men.
When to See a Doctor
The majority of knee pain issues subside on their own with home treatment, but it’s time to seek help if you experience any of the symptoms below
- Knee swelling or deformity
- Persistent or sudden increase in pain
- Popping or crunching noises
- Pain that affects sleep
- Warm to the touch
- Weakness or instability
- Have a fever in addition to redness and swelling
- Stress: stress causes inflammation in body including the joints
- Excessive weight: being overweight puts additional weight on your knee joints which can lead to pain
- Wearing improper shoes: when shoes do not properly distribute the body’s weight, they can put stress on your knees. The knees can also ache from the strain of compensating for the lack of balance.
- Overuse: Any activity that involves repetitively bending, or twisting of the knee – whether that be from a sport, or a household activity such as gardening
Dr. Sobarzo has safely and effectively been treating knee pain in the Katy and West Houston area since 1984. He has developed non-surgical, non-invasive treatment protocols designed to identify the source of your symptoms and customize a treatment plan specifically for you. Dr. Sobarzo’s goal is to help his patients achieve long-term pain relief so they can enjoy life.
Whether you have been experiencing knee pain for a long time or the pain is new, Dr. Sobarzo is ready provide the treatment needed, without relying on medications with harmful and unpleasant side effects or failed treatments.
Our friendly bilingual team is ready to help you get the relief you have been hoping for. Start living an enjoyable life again by calling today.