Neuropathy Facts and Risk Factors:
- The prevalence on peripheral neuropathy increases to 8.0% after age 65
- Diabetes is the most common cause of peripheral neuropathy, and affects an estimated 60 – 70% of diabetics. It is also the number one cause of hospitalization for diabetics
Other risk factors for PN may include:
- Immune system disorders
- Repetitive stress
- Alcohol abuse
- Vitamin deficiency
- Toxic Substances such as heavy metals, lead, mercury, exc
- Other health related issues
Other Risk Factors of Neuropathy May Include
Since the nerves in your peripheral system have a specific function, symptoms depend on the type of nerve(s) damaged. What causes neuropathy symptoms may vary, but typical symptoms include:
- Areas of pain can include the back, thigh, face, foot, or hands.
Pain is described as:
- Numbness in the hands and feet
- The feeling of wearing socks or gloves when you are not
- Prickling, tingling, burning, or throbbing
- Pain during activities that should not cause pain
- Sensitivity to touch in affected area
- Increase of pain symptoms at night
- Digestive difficulty
- A drop in blood pressure
- Excessive sweating
- Sexual dysfunction
Treatment for Peripheral Neuropathy:
Conservative treatments and mobility aides, such as physical therapy, transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS), a walker or cane, acupuncture, and at home exercise can help alleviate peripheral neuropathy pain but a long-term solution is available at Sobarzo MD in Katy, Texas.
When to See a Doctor:
Dr. Sobarzo is a neuropathy pain management expert who has proudly been serving our community for over 30 years.
By developing non-surgical, non-invasive protocols to treat neuropathy pain, his patients no longer have to rely on medications or failed treatments, instead they experience real solutions for neuropathy pain.
Neuropathy pain treatment in Katy, Texas is now available at Sobarzo MD.
Call now to schedule an appointment with our nerve pain specialist, Dr. Arturo Sobarzo, for neuropathy relief now.
Dr. Sobarzo and team are bilingual and ready to help you live life again, pain-free.