Sciatica Facts and Risk Factors:
- An estimated 40% of people will develop sciatica in their lifetime.
- Sciatica is most likely to develop in people in the 30s to 50s age range.
- Sciatica is common in both sedentary workers such as those who sit the majority of the work day, and in those who live an active lifestyle such as runners.
Other Risk Factors May Include:
- Poor posture
- Repetitive movements
- Being overweight
- Manual Laborer
- Those with Osteoarthritis
- Advanced age
When to See a Doctor for Sciatic Pain:
Don’t try to tough it out and lose precious time. Dr. Sobarzo is an expert at identifying sciatic nerve pain. He uses a multimodal approach to uncover the underlying cause of your symptoms and creates customized plan of care so that you can get sciatic nerve pain relief immediately.
Most patients suffering from sciatica pain experience multiple sciatica symptoms that affect the back, buttocks, leg, and sometimes the hip.
- Sciatica back pain is intense pain in the lower back and radiates into the buttock, or down your leg
- The pain is often described as a downward shooting jolt of burning, sharp pain
- Worsening pain when coughing or sneezing
- Pins and needles feeling in the leg or foot
- Numbness in the lower back, buttock, leg or foot.
- Pain that worsens with movement; loss of movement
- Weakness in the affected leg
- Pain may be mild, severe, radiating, or sharp
Treatment for Sciatica:
Mild sciatica usually resolves quickly and can be treated at home with:
- Ice packs
- Hot packs
- Gentle Stretching
Sciatica Pain Relief in Katy, Tx
Get sciatica relief today by calling now to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sobarzo.
Dr. Sobarzo has developed non-surgical, non-invasive treatment protocols designed to safely and effectively relieve nerve pain symptoms relating to sciatica and restore function so his patients can enjoy an improved quality of life. His patients no longer rely on medications or failed treatments, instead they experience real solutions for chronic nerve pain.
Dr. Sobarzo has practiced in the Katy and West Houston area since 1984 and is now seeing patients in Katy, Texas.